Stanley Baptist Church was first known as the Marksville Baptist Church in the community of Marksville, VA. Marksville was the center of a large prosperous farm community from 1840-1880. Constituted by members of Luray Baptist Church (now Main Street Baptist Church in Luray, VA) the church was constituted May 11, 1884.
Later it was decided to move the church to the Town of Stanley on May 6, 1900 and a new church was built and then dedicated June 30, 1901.
In the more than a century since, Stanley Baptist has still remained a large part of our community. As a Southern Baptist Church (SBC) and member of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF), Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) and Shenandoah Baptist Association (SBA). Stanley Baptist supports missions locally and abroad. Additionally, we support the local community by volunteering and donating to Page One to help the needy of Page County. We also support Casey's Backpacks and participate in ecumenical services to work with other denominations to further the gospel and minister to those in our community.
Copyright 2019. Stanley Baptist Church. All rights reserved.